American Free News Network
 
This is an opinion column. The thoughts expressed are those of the author.


When do parents accept responsibility?
Sam Pearson 6/2/2021 5:03 AM

In an article entitled, ‘Worst phone call of my life’: Mother of Miami banquet hall shooting victim speaks out” Fox news reports an all too common incident. From the article:

"The worst phone call of my life," Angelica Green, who heard from her 24-year-old son after he was shot in the abdomen early Sunday morning, told the Miami Herald.

 

Here is the most important datum from the article, emphasis, mine:

Green was among the victims’ relatives who gathered outside Jackson Memorial Hospital following the 12:30 a.m. shooting at El Mulla Banquet Hall, where three men jumped out of an SUV and opened fire on the crowd as it left a rap concert.

This was a tragic event and like so many like it, occurred after midnight. That is the single biggest reason I had my college age sons back home before midnight, 10PM in High School. Most bad things occur after 10 PM. There’s even an old saying, “Nothing good happens after midnight.” Statistically, the fact is that people who know one another are the most likely to commit murder. I suspect that when the facts are all known that the perpetrators were after just a few of those that were assaulted.

According to FBI statistics, if you are white there is a 79% chance another white person committed the homicide, 17% black and 3% other or unknown. If you are black there is a 8% chance a white person committed the homicide, 89% black and 3% other or unknown. If you are other or unknown race there is a 29% chance a white person committed the homicide, 21% black and 50% other or unknown.

According to the latest census: 76.4% of the US Population is white, 13.4% is black, 10.2% is other or unknown.

Young Black men and teens made up more than a third of firearm homicide victims in the USA in 2019, one of several disparities revealed in a review of gun mortality data released Tuesday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The analysis, titled "A Public Health Crisis in the Making," found that although Black men and boys ages 15 to 34 make up just 2% of the nation's population, they were among 37% of gun homicides that year. That's 20 times higher than white males of the same age group. 

Of all reported firearm homicides in 2019, more than half of victims were Black men, according to the study spearheaded by the Educational Fund to Stop Gun Violence and the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence. Sixty-three percent of male victims were Black.

 

This is a cultural as well as an educational issue that is being supported by the democrat leaders in the communities that these young men reside (87%). Fear is what keeps democrats in office, by providing the worst education in America and encouraging fatherless homes democrats are the cause of this anomaly of the black community. 

 

Going back to just 1960, less than 20% of black men grew up without a father and the homicide rate for Black men and boys ages 15 to 34 made up 3% of the nation's population, they were among 9% of gun homicides that year.

Obviously the best and fastest way to support young black men is to have them raised in a two-parent household which is statistically true for all young people as it reduces poverty by 78%, increases high school graduation by 48%, reduces childhood pregnancies by 46% and homicides by 126%.

For actual data

Read: FBI Uniform Crime Report Database

Read: Correlation Between Crime Rate and Poverty

 

 



Click here to see more great commentary by this author.


ManagingEditor@AmericanFreeNewsNetwork.org

 
Sam Pearson
Sam Pearson is a retired Army Colonel with a variety of experience in both government and private sectors. As arguably one of the World's foremost military logisticians, he has been responsible for the on time delivery of supplies and services worth billions of dollars. After service in Southwest Asia, he was hand picked to support logistics operations in support of earthquake relief operations in Haiti. Pearson now serves as a consultant and volunteer mentor for students seeking their doctorates in advance statistical analysis.




  © 2021 Copyright American Free News Network LLC. All rights reserved.
  No portion of this website may be reproduced without the express written consent of American Free News Network LLC. Privacy Page